Good an free hmi

Giete

Hi

I have a phoenix contact installation and I'm looking for hmi software to manage my project better. It has to be as cheap as possible, free if possible.

I'm using ILC170 plc. It also has to connect with the plc easily over Ethernet.

I am currently trying AdvancedHMI but I have some troubles connecting it to the phoenix software. Any help on that topic would be very useful as wel.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi

I have a phoenix contact installation and I'm looking for hmi software to manage my project better. It has to be as cheap as possible, free if possible.

I'm using ILC170 plc. It also has to connect with the plc easily over Ethernet.

I am currently trying AdvancedHMI but I have some troubles connecting it to the phoenix software. Any help on that topic would be very useful as wel.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

I have't kept up with Adavnced HMI but I believe the only way to connect to the ILC 170 would be through Modbus. With the ILC 1xx series this means you will have to implement a Modbus slave in the PLC using the right function blocks in PC Worx Express. The function blocks are a separate download but do not cost extra.

Another HMI option would be Ignition which has a free version of their HMI module.

In any case, going with free ware means you have to become an expert in Modbus/TCP and work with forum support and not manufacturer support. Maybe you already have this skill but if not it only means you have a nice challenging project ahead of you.

Thanks for the quick answer. No I'm (not yet) an expert in modbus/tcp but I'm willing to become one.

AdvanceedHMI supports modbus, so I'm going with that. Arn't you a modbusmaster by chance ans a phoenix contact master:p?
I'm going to look for the extra function bloks for phoenix contact. Many thanks

Last edited:
Ignition supports Modbus as well.

@Norm - I just noticed your sig. NICE!!! :D

Thanks for the quick answer. No I'm (not yet) an expert in modbus/tcp but I'm willing to become one.

AdvanceedHMI supports modbus, so I'm going with that. Arn't you a modbusmaster by chance ans a phoenix contact master:p?
I'm going to look for the extra function bloks for phoenix contact. Many thanks