Free HMI Visualisation Software

well I just want to get as many as possible in order to choose the correct one. I have got about 5 suggestions. However I can seem to get the majority of them to work. i have only gotten the IGSS one to start for me. Ignition wont work as there seems to be a problem with java on my computer, the Advanced HMI wont work on my VB express. and also there seems to be problems connecting these scada systems to my historian

the more suggestions i get the better the chance i can get a system to work. welthats how im looking at it

I have the 2010 version Delphi.

Is there any trending function in the Advanced HMI package that can be used to view historical data. this function is essential in my project

thanks

well i would like use a commercially developed software however as i am only a student I simply couldn't afford to spend thousands on such a suite. the college has wonderware that i can use. but i also want to find a free alternative. i am only looking a free alternative that can simply provide graphing capabilities.

yes i have looked everywhere. i have downloaded 20 different applications however none have embedded graphing and most dont even work

Exept from drivers for most PLC types, IGSS has drivers for OPC, ODBC, SQL, MODBUS, MODBUS TCP, TCPIPGENERIC, even a LEGO driver. It has logging, online and historical curves, buttons, integrated alarm system, you name it... It is used widely in the industry and (waste) water in our part of the globe. Pity it doesn't meet your needs.

Kalle

Edit: I read Brendan's other thread, in which he explains the actual parameters of being a student, having Wonderware to work with, and being tasked with coming up with both a commercial and a free solution, including the requirement that the free solution run indefinitely.

Good luck with it. I hope that your project results give you both a technical solution and an impression of the business case for commercial versus open-source and bespoke software development.

Last edited:
Do note that Visual Basic Express is free and with a little programming you can do anything you would like. The 2010 version includes a chart component. It could be a good student exercise.

I also recommend Visual Basic Express to develop free HMI. Few weeks of free time and you can build HMI designed for your purposes. My project includes integration with IP cameras, alarm logging, charts. It also records video from cameras on alarm event. It was developed on Beckhoff PLC without use of Advanced HMI. Application is in polish, so sorry if you can't understand text on screenshoots.

Link for pictures: Pics