FT Activation - RSARCH.EXE?

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
After IT came though and updated the desktop PC we used to serve some of our Rockwell licenses. There appears a few licenses with the decription of RSLogix 5000 and file name of RSARCH.EXE. However, borrowing this license doesn't activate RSLogix 5k. So, what are these license for, anyone know? Google search didn't turn up anything.

First mistake, IT got hold of the pc.
What version are you running?
Have IT look in the deleted files for an *.LIC file.
If they cannot find the file and you have a contract, you can get a new license file from Rockwell.
If you don't have IT buy you a new copy.
regards,
james

Actually, I don't seem to be losing anything. I still have all my RS5k and RS500 licenses. These license that points to RSARCH.EXE file are extra ones that I'm not sure what they are.

Now that I think about it. I'll take a look in the *.lic file and see if there are any clues there.

eta: Now I figured it out. It's for the Logic Architect that comes with 5000 professional or Full. Never used it before and have no idea what is it for.

Last edited: