FT SE sever components

cjjeeper

Okay, probably a dumb question..but what does FTND stand for in the FT SE architecture?

FTAC - is FactoryTalk Admin Console
FTH - is FactoryTalk Historian
etc.

Its in the server list on the system I am working on.
I cannot find it in the documentation (but I haven't read everything).

If it is listed as a Server, my guess would be FactoryTalk Network Directory, but usually I thought it would just be called FactoryTalk Directory Server.
Maybe give Rockwell a call and ask them. LOL

If it is listed as a Server, my guess would be FactoryTalk Network Directory, but usually I thought it would just be called FactoryTalk Directory Server.
Maybe give Rockwell a call and ask them. LOL

You might be right..FTNetwork Directory.

But yes I might have to call RA.

Thanks for the help.

I've not seen any piece of FT View referred to as FTND. My first thought was also the network directory. But usually it is just referred to as the FactoryTalk Directory or FTD, whether it is local or a network..

In most layouts you would see this installed either as a standalone server or combined on the same machine with another server, like an HMI server.

OG

Yeah I agree on the FTAC, but when you install FTSE it defaults to the name FTAC for the Admin Console.

I don't even know why it's a separate server, you can run the Admin Console from anywhere.

That's the thing. Admin console is just a tool, but Asset Centre is a server. As long as the terms make sense for you and the people that work on it, that's all that really matters.

OG