FT View and Panel View Plus 400

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. My supplier for Allen-Bradley is telling me that I am able to read/write to and from my Panel View Plus 400, can someone here confirm that please? I was in the process of purchasing Panel View Software. I appreciate him saving money but I just wanted to get some feedback about this please. If so, would someone know where I could find information about it? I need to upload a project from the Panel View. Thank you.

Hello all. My supplier for Allen-Bradley is telling me that I am able to read/write to and from my Panel View Plus 400, can someone here confirm that please? I was in the process of purchasing Panel View Software. I appreciate him saving money but I just wanted to get some feedback about this please. If so, would someone know where I could find information about it? I need to upload a project from the Panel View. Thank you.

You will need to clarify a little more for us to be able to help you.

Allen Bradley produce HMI's with the names PanelView and PanelView Plus. The software used to configure each one is different and incompatable.

If you are working with a PanelView then you will need to use PanelBuilder.
If you are working with a PanelView Plus then you will need to use FactoryTalk View Studio ME (Machine Edition).

I hope this helps.

Regards
Ian

If I am decrypting you correctly...

[DECRYPT]You just want to upload a PanelView Plus application file from a terminal and want to know if you need FactoryTalk View Studio, or not, to do so?

You can use the free Machine Edition Transfer Utility (METU) to transfer applications via cable to a computer that does not have FactoryTalk View Studio.

Or you can use a USB flash drive in the terminal and transfer the application file to that using the terminal configuration menu.

If you only want the file and do not need to open or edit it, and they are telling you that you do not need FactoryTalk View Studio to do so, then they are correct.

If you do need to open or edit it then you will need FactoryTalk View Studio.[/DECRYPT]

Regards,
George

If you are working with a PanelView Plus then you will need to use FactoryTalk View Studio ME (Machine Edition).

Yes Sir, it is Panel View Plus 400. I have FT View ME as well as FT Studio. So the answer to my question then is that I have the software I need. Second part of question. I have searched the AB site and am not having much luck finding out how to connect the two together. Thank you for your comments all.

ceilingwalker said:
...I have searched the AB site and am not having much luck finding out how to connect the two together...

I assume you mean connect your computer to the terminal and transfer from the terminal to the computer via FactoryTalk View ME Transfer Utility?

51826 - Uploading MER from a PanelView Plus Terminal
Access Level: TechConnect

If you are unsure of the cable connection and driver to use then we would need to know what options you have, like is the PVP 400 a standard RS-232 serial model or is it an Ethernet model and which are you attempting.

Please provide the full catalog number for the terminal, if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
George

I assume you mean connect your computer to the terminal and transfer from the terminal to the computer via FactoryTalk View ME Transfer Utility?

51826 - Uploading MER from a PanelView Plus Terminal
Access Level: TechConnect

If you are unsure of the cable connection and driver to use then we would need to know what options you have, like is the PVP 400 a standard RS-232 serial model or is it an Ethernet model and which are you attempting.

Please provide the full catalog number for the terminal, if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
George

Thank you