FT View ME to Ignition Edge

Tim Ganz

We have had tons of issues sourcing replacement Panelview units, and the cost is getting worse by the year. We are looking at moving to use the Ignition Edge panels with OnLogic Hardware.

My main issue is converting the application over. Is there any way to port anything over, or is it a complete scrap and recreate?

Some of our applications are simple 7-10 screens and simple graphics, and we have some that are very complex and graphics intensive.

Just looking for any tips that would ease this transition.

Scrap and recreate, be worth it in the long run.

For Edge you would be better off choosing Vision. The learning curve is less steep and it has better tools right now for creating graphics. If you are going from existing FT ME you should be able to recreate a similar look and feel.

Note Edge is limited to 2 device connections (e.g. PLC drivers) by default. This can be expanded with extra licenses if required or alternatively use one PLC as a data concentrator.

If you are looking for DIN rail mount I recommend the CL210-11. Quad core, 4GB RAM is plenty for Edge. Linux install saves on Windoze license costs, and the Vision application can be set to auto-start upon power on.