FTView help

Nebul0us

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey all, it's been a while since I have used FTView. I am currently using FTView ME v13.0. I have two questions...

1. Is it possible to import an image with background transparency? I have tried to bring in a .png with transparency to no avail and I kind of remember that this might not be possible in FTView ME. Probably just another reason I hate this software so much...can anyone either confirm this or tell me how to do it?

2. How can I make a vertical analog indicator to show the level of a tank? See attached image for reference picture...

ovLWOT6.png

I remember doing something like that where I needed the bar graph to be green in the middle, yellow warning bands above & below green, and red above and below the yellow. I don't remember the details, but I remember using more than one bar graph stacked end-to-end, each handling part of the range. A single bar graph can handle up to 2 thresholds, but I needed more than that.

I just added an image of mine with a transparent background. It worked fine. It is a PNG file.

Rockwell's bar ground object does indeed support two thresholds. So that is three colors. If you need more than that it gets tricky.

I would create a vertical rectangle and apply fill animation to it. Then duplicate it and modify the range of values (min and max) and color. Rinse, lather, repeat.

In my example, I did this to create six different color thresholds. I just used the seconds tag for demonstration purposes. If you don't want to see the outlines for each rectangle, untick the Inside Only box for each item. Then draw a rectangle with a transparent background and a black foreground around the whole thing. Example of each method on the far right.

OG

Bar Graph.jpg