FTView ME Button Logic Help??!??

Try to right click on your button, go down to where it says Animation. Under this dialog there should be several options such as Visibility, Color, and Touch. Select the Touch option and it should bring up a dialog box where you can write an expression.

I do not have the software in front of me, but I think this might do what you want.

Edit: It seems the Touch option may not be available in ME.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=117996

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't read thoroughly enough at what you were requiring.

This can be done using three macros. Use a macro to turn on one bit and turn off the other two. Similar to what ganutenator mentions, just using macros.

Macro1
Tag1 set to 1
Tag2 set to 0
Tag3 set to 0

Macro2
Tag1 set to 0
Tag2 set to 1
Tag3 set to 0

Macro3
Tag1 set to 0
Tag2 set to 0
Tag3 set to 1

Create three macro buttons and assign a macro to each. No logic changes needed.

OG

Try to right click on your button, go down to where it says Animation. Under this dialog there should be several options such as Visibility, Color, and Touch. Select the Touch option and it should bring up a dialog box where you can write an expression.

I do not have the software in front of me, but I think this might do what you want.

Edit: It seems the Touch option may not be available in ME.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=117996

Yeah, no touch animation options in ME. I was very excited that you figured it out until i went looking for it.

Sorry I didn't read thoroughly enough at what you were requiring.

This can be done using three macros. Use a macro to turn on one bit and turn off the other two. Similar to what ganutenator mentions, just using macros.

Macro1
Tag1 set to 1
Tag2 set to 0
Tag3 set to 0

Macro2
Tag1 set to 0
Tag2 set to 1
Tag3 set to 0

Macro3
Tag1 set to 0
Tag2 set to 0
Tag3 set to 1

Create three macro buttons and assign a macro to each. No logic changes needed.

OG

Macro buttons?? I've never heard of them but i also don't use macros, let me dig around and see how they work. If you were closer i'd kiss you, well since covid i'd give you a great big elbow bump. haha Thanks again.

LOL. Hmm, maybe this social distancing has SOME advantages.

Go to Objects and then Advanced and you'll see the macro button object. I tried it out here first and it did the trick. Not pretty to look at though.

OG

LOL. Hmm, maybe this social distancing has SOME advantages.

Go to Objects and then Advanced and you'll see the macro button object. I tried it out here first and it did the trick. Not pretty to look at though.

OG

That worked like a charm. Thanks for your help. You are a freaking genius!!!

I know your problem is solved.

Another way of doing this as suggested by OG in the first place, is to use an Interlocked Push Button

1. Create a word tag in PLC.
2. Create the interlocked push button on your screen, assign the word tag to it, then copy it and paste twice. Assign button values of 1, 2 and 4 respectively. For first button pushed, bit 0 will be on, bit 1 for second button and bit 2 for third button.

Easy to do, each button can have its own properties in either of its on or off state as well