FtView ME 6.10 Goto Display Button

Yoseik

Hi,
I'm trying to create a global object with a goto display button. The parameter will be the name of the display to open when clicking on the button. So in the General tab of the button configuration at Display I entered {#5} but every time I click on the button FtView tells me that it is enable to open {#5}. Display does not exist. My parameter #5 is a valid display name without space. Any idea?

Thanks!

GotoButton.png

I don't believe "#5" is a valid display name; the display name cannot contain (among others) the "#" character; you cannot point the GoTo configurator to a Parameter File but to an existing display.
Create a new display and "Save" it with a name which will be accepted by FTVS then point the navigation object configurator at it.

The display name is valid, it is not #5. Let say my display name is Menu. I want to enter Menu in the global object parameters #5 and when I click on the button it opens the Menu display

Enter the name of the display within the above posted configurator and Apply; Copy and Paste this object anywhere you wish within your application; it will take you to the "designated" display when using any of its occurences.
You can also assign a parameter file or parameter list that assigns tags to tag placeholders in the "designated" display when the display opens.​
Refer to Chapter 25 of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewme-um004_-en-e.pdf