Ftvme short cut help please !!

Bering C Sparky

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I am stumped,
Trying to create a new shortcut in FTVME, my ethernet node address shows up under Design (Local) but has a yellow question mark next to it.
When I push the + next to this node it shows only +USB,17Node USB CIP Port.

But in RSLinx I have downloaded the EDS files so Compact Bus and all of my Embedded as well as my Expansion shows up as well and there is a CompactLogix Icon in RSLinx not a yellow question mark.

Anyway when I press add and make a new short cut in Enterprise then try to select my appropriate ethernet node (the one with the yellow question mark) I get a Message that says "Select a Different Path- Ethernet.Jaeger_Baader_212_No2 cannot be used"

I guess my question is why cant it be used and why do you think this is happening.

I have made shortcuts may times before and never ran into this problem.

FYI if I select another ethernet node that does not have the yellow question mark next to it then it will allow me to apply that node as a link to the short cut.

I can post screen shots if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

BCS

Well I thought I had it working.

I have seen threads of people pulling their hair out with FTV problems but this is the first time I have experienced it personally.

I have 2 laptops one is Danish Windows running FTV 5.10 (This is the one I was having trouble setting up shortcut for Compactlogix controler in my first post.

I transfered project to my english windows laptop running FTV 6.10 and went straight to the communication set up and was able to make the short cut right off no problem.
Then tried to open the project and now having all kinds of problems.
No Display screens will open.
I was getting a pop up that said something like Factory Talk Studio needs to shut down and had error messages at bottom of screen that said something like connection failed to factory talk directory.

I cant even get that far now as soon as I try to launch the file when I open FTVME now I just get a "Failed to initialize the service (3F883B87-2208-11D4-B0E7-001083022E04) error pop up.

If anyone has any sugestions please let me know. I am only 24 hours away from this absoultly needing to work and right now as it stands I have a bad feeling that is not going to happen.

I will keep poking at it, but would appricaiate any advice.

Thanks,
BCS

A little more info.

On the english laptop running 6.10 I have 4 error messages at the bottom of the screen. from top to bottom they read:

Error:HRESULT = "0x80010108" lOCATION = ".\RNADIRSERVERPROXY.CPP, LINE: 16843"

THE CONNECTION TO THE FACTORYTALK DIRECTORY SERVER HAS BEEN LOST.

FAILED TO INITALIZE THE SERVICE. : (3F883B87-2208-11D4-B0E7-001083022E04)

FAILED TO LOAD HMI SERVER SERVICE

Thanks again in advance if anyone can help me on this.

BCS

WELL!!!!

After cussing at my laptop like a drunken sailor on shore-leave and treatening to throw the darn thing overboard (AND REBOOTING IT ABOUT 10 TIMES) it started working again.

Freaky!!

Will see how long it holds up.

BCS

Last edited: