Garage door help

Thanks, Slaunius1980.

I see that this version does not have the additional function for the Up and Down pushbuttons.

So, this is the answer according to how he did it. As easy as it is I'm not sure why I didn't think to do this. I guess I'm better at editing than I am at design from scratch :\

The changes are in the "Challenge" routine, I believe it's rung 3 IIRC

As for logixpro, I don't understand how to add tags. When I add an instruction to a rung and then try to type a name it simply doesn't accept it.

I'm also not sure how to setup buttons, or if it's possible to create my own programs.

Is there something that will let me play with the ladder logic at home? even if I have to copy it manually to RSLogix in class it would be much better than not being able to do any homework at home and also allow me to play with my own ideas.

Is there something that will let me play with the ladder logic at home? even if I have to copy it manually to RSLogix in class it would be much better than not being able to do any homework at home and also allow me to play with my own ideas.

RSLogix500 Emulate and RSLogix500 Micro Starter Lite are both free downloads and will let you practice, with limited processor choices, but still pretty powerful stuff.

http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

As for logixpro, I don't understand how to add tags. When I add an instruction to a rung and then try to type a name it simply doesn't accept it.
Read instructions. Add instruction, double-click on the "?" where the address goes, type in PLC address. Then right-click on new instruction, select "Edit Symbol" to enter a description or name.

I'm also not sure how to setup buttons, or if it's possible to create my own programs.
For the LogixPro simulated switches, if you want to create your own simulation, click on top menu "Simulations", then select "I/O Simulator". For each switch, you can right-click on it to change it to any 1 of 5 different types of switch. I have simulated dozens of programs for students and beginners over the years.

If you want a RSLogix5000 version that will work, try the attached Rev. 1.

GRANPNDOR Garage Door RSLogix 5000-Rev 1.jpg

Last edited: