garage door opener

Is this a 2 story or 3 story opener? - Oh, sorry - I was thinking of the elevator homework assignment.

I'm working on it. I will return soon as I can with what I've got. Thanks for the replies and concern in the posts. The slighty more negative replies. Stick it.

tro060,

Don't be offended, but we see hundreds of requests on this site from students wanting us to do their homework every year.

We will and do offer help to those students, all we ask is for them to show us what they have done so far.

It doesn't matter what they post, whether they type what they have done, sketch it, or even do the program, just put forth some effort.
We will then make suggestions and ask questions.

It does not do the student any good to just do the homework. They learn nothing and their future boss will soon discover what they know when he assigns a project to them.

regards,
james

Tro060, you’ve kinda crossed a line and the likelihood of getting help has gone down (I’m referring to the “stick it” comment at the end of your last post).
The people on this site who help others, the people who are doing this out of the kindness of our hearts, have years of training and/or experience that makes us experts to a varying degree. When someone puts up a post basically asking for help cheating it’s insulting to most of us. Why would we want to help you get a free ride when we’ve all paid the price to get where we are now? We are happy to share our expertise and experience with those who are willing to put some effort into figuring out the problem but when you come in asking for answers without showing any effort to finding them yourself you’re going to get the responses you got every time.
If all you’re looking for is a good grade them my response is I wish you would pick a different career path. I don’t want someone in the business who is concerned more about getting good grades than learning what you need to know to be a good and safe engineer. We all know more than one person who has no business being an automation engineer and we aren’t in the habit of helping to generate more of them.
Lastly, something you should know, my understanding is that it’s not at all uncommon for instructors to monitor this web site. There is always something to learn and it’s always a good idea as an instructor to know what kind of things people are having trouble with. Having said that, they (the teachers) also like to know when their students are looking for help online with their homework. So, if your teacher is reading this, my question is what kind of grade will your student get getting the answers here?

Its fine. Although my initial question has very brief it was not intended to jump on the coattails of you guys or others. I'm sure this type of question is very common and yes I too work with the types of people you mentioned. But there was kinda derogatory comments so I will reply to those. Thanks again and I am working on it.

If you learn by researching, investigating, executing, making mistakes, reviewing, revising, editing, researching again, etc. etc. etc., you are learning to become and engineer. 👨🏻‍🏫

If you learn by finding a sneaky way to get someone else to do your work for you and then you take credit for it, you are learning to be a manager... 💀

Managers are expendable.:rolleyes:

Tell us a little more about your project and we can try to help you get pointed in the right direction. I'm not an expert but i can help you by trying to explain the thought process of creating a program. First rule is to keep it simple no need to try to impress by using complex instructions on simple projects.

tro060,

Let's begin.
1 write down your scope of work, what is it that you need.
2. write a sequence of events in general terms.
3. review your notes.
4. rewrite your sequence and this time add sensors, motors.
5. review your notes.
6. write down your I/o.
7. rewrite your sequence and this time add the sensors and motors.
in this step, you are the operator and also the plc looking for the I/o to be made.

this is the starting point for all projects.

Now lets see what you can do.

james

new to plc

can any one suggest me some web sites which will have plc ladder examples. by solving that i can improve my skills. this is because i am new to this field

Tro060, you’ve kinda crossed a line and the likelihood of getting help has gone down (I’m referring to the “stick it” comment at the end of your last post).
The people on this site who help others, the people who are doing this out of the kindness of our hearts, have years of training and/or experience that makes us experts to a varying degree. When someone puts up a post basically asking for help cheating it’s insulting to most of us. Why would we want to help you get a free ride when we’ve all paid the price to get where we are now? We are happy to share our expertise and experience with those who are willing to put some effort into figuring out the problem but when you come in asking for answers without showing any effort to finding them yourself you’re going to get the responses you got every time.
If all you’re looking for is a good grade them my response is I wish you would pick a different career path. I don’t want someone in the business who is concerned more about getting good grades than learning what you need to know to be a good and safe engineer. We all know more than one person who has no business being an automation engineer and we aren’t in the habit of helping to generate more of them.
Lastly, something you should know, my understanding is that it’s not at all uncommon for instructors to monitor this web site. There is always something to learn and it’s always a good idea as an instructor to know what kind of things people are having trouble with. Having said that, they (the teachers) also like to know when their students are looking for help online with their homework. So, if your teacher is reading this, my question is what kind of grade will your student get getting the answers here?

My personal opinion is that some of the comments were out of line, and the OP has every right to think those people should "stick it". While it is true that the original question reeked of "do my homework for me", we should have laid out the basics of building a program, and waited to see where the OP took it from there. I tried to do exactly that, but failed after both attempts. Just my two cents...

Will.

Not to mention also.... if you can't take a knock and shrug it off - you are definitely in the wrong game.

Praise is extremely rare in automation design and programming. Do it perfect and right first time and you are just doing your job. Have a minor software error and 7 people will tell you about the fault.

Nah, Just another troll to add to the ever growing ignore list. I have zero regrets for any of my comments related to an absolutely zero effort question.

The older we get the less forgiving we become.

The reply "stick it" was polite but as a result of frustration

Believe me you were lucky.

In the years past we have taken people on that many tangents.

At the end of the day
We know when the courses reach certain stages because of the questions we get here.

The older we get the less forgiving we become.

LoL, I was thinking that. I think it's that we don't put on that fake politeness for the sake of getting along anymore. I also demand more integrity from myself, including telling off lazy or incompetent folks to seek profession elsewhere rather than wasting everyone's time.