GE 90-30 LM90 software availability

ESBrian

Hello,

one of our clients' GE 90-30 PLCs has lost its program - we deal mostly with AB hardware, so we don't have any old GE programming software kicking around. The original integrator has provided us with a backup of the logic from 1995.

Is the LM90 software available anywhere anymore? Every link I've come across is dead, and our GE distributor no longer has access to it either.

I have a Windows XP VM on a Windows 7 PC and an old DOS 6.22 laptop that still runs.

Thanks,

Brian

In 2019, Emerson acquired the GE Intelligent Platforms business, creating Emerson Machine Automation Solutions. This (attachment) is what we were using (Proficy ME) prior to Windows 10. For the W10 version, we had to deal with Emerson, not GE as before. My GE knowledge is not great, so I don't know if the newer software will open and convert code created in LogicMaster. We were using VersaPro in between LM and Proficy. Good luck!

SNAG-0287.jpg

The current software from Emerson has the ability to import a Logicmaster file.
The original integrator has provided us with a backup of the logic from 1995.
Was the backup in the form of several files with file extensions like .pka, .pkc, .pko? If so those are the backup files and you do need Logicmaster to restore them to a format that Machine Edition can import.
Logicmaster will not be able to communicate with the PLC when running under a 64-bit operating system.
Send me a PM with your email address. I can send you Logicmaster, or I can restore from the .pk* files and send you a project folder that can be imported into Machine Edition.