GE 9020 PLC VISPRO versus lm90

don8000

I have a customer with a 9020 GE controller. I have LM90 software ,but it appears the logic was written with VISPRO.
Is there someway to migrate this over to a LM90 platform so I can at least work with it?
Thanks in advance for any help.

don

I'v never heard of VISPRO, so I expect you mean VersaPro. If that's the case, then no, VersaPro was the successor to Logicmaster and transition from Logicmaster to VersaPro is a one-way street.

However, the 90-20 was pretty much obsolete by the time VersaPro was released. What leads you to believe the program in the PLC was created with VP?

Steve:
When I look in the program folder i see vispro file which leads me to believe it was written with this program.
I could let you see the files and maybe you could tell me what I'm seeing.
thanks
don

Steve:

I looked at the files and saw they had to be integrated into a separate folder. It now runs in LM90 and I can see the ladder.
They did not label any elements in the original program so it/s pretty raw ,but at least I can see it.
I think i like my rslogix better now :ROFLMAO:

Comments and labels are not stored to the controller on the 90 series. If your folder was created by importing from the active controller, the labels just are not there.

If you have the prints, you may be able to reverse engineer the labels.

LM90 is pretty easy once you get the hang of it, just does not have the drag and drop and import/export features of a more modern Windows package.

Unfortunately the latest GE software (Proficy Machine Edition) does not support the 90/20. You may want to talk the customer into considering an upgrade to a VersaMax Nano/Micro.

Steve:
Would the VersaMax Nano/Micro allow the existing program to be imported or are we looking at new software and manually entering the data?

thanks