GE iFix IGS or MBE Driver?

MATT116

New to iFix and to the IGS driver.
Environment:
iFix V5.1
MODICON M340 Unity-pro V11. Memory set to Mixed Topological and State RAM.
MODBUS TCP/IP Ethernet

Looking for opinions on which driver I should use. IGS or MBE.
Its a small project probably less than 100tags.
So far with the IGS I like that I can turn the "zero based addressing" off.
I like that with the MBE I can setup blocks to maximize network traffic but I think the IGS will do this? Other than that I don't really see a distinct advantage between the two.

Thanks

I had previously looked through there but couldn't really find anything that compared the two. I think I'm just going to use the MBE.

Thanks

Similar Topics

Hello, I am converting to iFIX 6.1 and talking to a PLC5. I have several TX tags that were looking at N32 addresses in the PLC5 and were getting...
Replies
Views
I am talking to a Logix 5500 series PLC with ABR driver currently. IFIX Database shows addressing setup like this -...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I found a few related threads but none seemed to resolve my issue, hence the new post. I am working on migrating an existing iFix...
Replies
Views
It's been a while since I did a big jump like this, and I built a new PC for the client with 5.8 and the latest version of IGS. They were using...
Replies
Views
'IGS.B88_QC.B88_QC.Global.U_7087X001PDS101.STS.CMF' so in this display I have links like this, now I have seen direct opc to plc before but I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom