GE Micro 90 PLC

bksun40

Hi I am new to the forum, I have an old Alpine bar feeder with a GE Fanuc micro 90 plc, that was programed with Versa pro I think , but I have
GE Machine edition 7.0. I had to replace the plc with a new one, when I copied the program to the new plc I got this error (8036) I changed it to a warning instead of a error, but the plc goes into run but I cant use the hand held HMI ,I think the address problem is stopping it. I read on one of the old posts back in May 2019 that a user had the same problem, can anyone you help, thanks

Screenshot 2023-11-22 132354.png

Last edited:
when I copied the program to the new plc
What did you start from, and what did you use to copy the old program to the PME 7.0 version? Did you start from a printout of the old and manually enter it into a PME project? Or did you import a VersaPro project file into PME?
The failure of your program to validate means that what you tried to validate did not sent to the PLC.
If I remember correctly, files downloaded to the PLC using PME will not be accessible via the handheld programmer. But why do you feel the need for the handheld since you have PME?

I started with a plc that wouldn't go into run mode ,but I could see the program with PME, I did import a VersaPro project file into PME. I replaced the PLC and copied the program to the new PLC, Then I started getting the errors. The hand held is a Maple display that the operator sets the machine setting with, Bar length speed and distance.

Did the PLC that "wouldn't go into run mode" ever work properly? If so, why didn't you use PME to upload the program from it? Can you be sure the VersaPro project you imported into PME was the same as the program in the original PLC?
My mistake on the handheld. I thought you were referring to a handheld programmer, not an HMI.

The machine was sitting unused for 20 years, when I turned it on it worked but wouldn't go into run mode unless I connected it to my laptop, and used PME to start the PLC. then it worked fine for a couple of days till we shut it off, then it wouldn't go it to run any more. I used PME because that's all I had, I didn't have any other software. I think it was Versa because of its age, but I'm not sure.

Before trying to download from the imported VersaPro file, you should try to figure out what's not right with the existing program that won't go into run on its own. If I were in your place the first thing I would do is upload from the PLC to PME and save what you uploaded. You should check the PLC fault tables to see if they have anything to shed light on what's going on. Check the hardware configuration of the CPU because one of the options for behavior upon power-up is exactly what you'r experiencing, it comes up stopped. The other two options are to power up running or to power up in the same state it powered down.

After the upload, there's a good chance that PME will tell you that the program you just uploaded is not equal to the program in the PLC. That's because the program in the PLC was not created by PME. You will need to make a leap of faith and download what you just uploaded to achieve the "Logic Equal" status.

I would only download the imported VersaPro file as a last resort. You had a program that was working, even though it wasn't perfect. That's golden! I've had to restart old machines with a lot less to work with than than that.

Can´t see the program logic on Logicmater 90-30 software

Hi, I am new to this forum.
I am trying to get into the program offline of one PLC Fanuc GE 90-30.
To see the program I downloaded the software Logicmaster 90-30/20/Micro Software Package Version 9.02 from the internet but for now, I only see the Variable Declaration Table and I can´t see the program logic (ladder)
I feel very frustrated because I don´t know what has happened.

The archive you posted is incomplete. Some files are missing.

And it would have been better to start your own thread. The original question in this thread is not yet resolved. Trying to answer questions from more than one person in the same thread is a recipe for confusion.

Last edited:
Hello does any one have a copy of the program that came with the Alpine bar feeder, Bullet model ,I know this is a long shot but I can hope, thanks

Does any one know of a company that I can send them my program ,have them can fix all the errors in the PLC logic ,getting it working in PME, and send it back to me for a repair cost?

Send me a PM. I'll give you contact information. Where are you located in Massachusetts? I'm in Berkshire County.
I have an old Series 90 Micro. Send me a copy of what you have uploaded from the PLC. I'll try to see why the program won't run.

I wanted to let you guys know I found PLC Paramedics on a Google search , they logged on to my laptop and looked at the program, they said the firmware was causing all the problems, I sent them the micro 90, there going to fix it and send it back to me, I will let you know how I make out, Thanks Steve for all your help.

PLC Paramedics updated the firmware on the Micro 90 I sent them, but it made the DOS program not work right, they then logged on to my laptop remotely and fix the micro 90 that was in the machine using Logic Master XP , running on windows XP running on VMware , PLC Paramedics did a great job! Highly recommend them.