GE PAC SYS RX3I to AB via Prosoft PLX31-EIP-PND

Cookz615

Hello,

I've recently decide to try using a prosoft gate to bridge handshakes between two of our processors. Reason being is one is profinet and the other is AB. After looking at the setup tutorial on prosoft's website it seems easy enough but my problem is that I am still really green in this field and am unsure if I need to use the Siemens TIA software in the tutorial being as Im connecting to A GE RX3I processor. Just figured I would reach out to the Guru's for some wisdom. The TIA software looks awesome but im not sure that I can use it for what I am trying to do and what software I need if not. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I can't answer directly however, don't think of this as connecting to an RX3i, think of it as connecting to Profinet. Unless of course you end up using a different protocol that's more specific to the RX3i. i.e. SNTP, EGD, OPC-UA, etc.