GE RX3i find highest value

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Plc: RX3i
Cpu: CPE305

I want to search a range of real registers for highest value.
The range is R1050 to R1525.
I thought it would be an array function...BUT I don't see.

Nathan,
I am very new to the Proficy ME software but I was curious and look at my software. It looks like the SORT_WORD command may work for you.

It looks like the command will look at an array and return the sort order position from low to high. So if you have a array that looked like this 1,25,64,2,5. The command will return 1,4,5,2,3 so you will know that the value in element 3 is the largest.

Hope this helps and let me know if it works as I am still learning too.

Edit: **** I should have read your post better. I didn't realise you were looking at a real array. Could you convert them to a word and then sort?

Last edited:
Sort does not appear to work with real numbers. (In GE PLC a real number uses 2 registers.)

Instead of looking at 500 real registers in the array......I really only needed to find the highest Temp of 20 of those registers.

I had to use a GT function block for comparing each of the 20 to find the highest.

To start I made a rung with a Move Real and sent 0 to High Temp register.
Then under this rung....I made 20 rungs with GT Real (greater than) and Move Real functions. If each Temp was higher than the High Temp register I moved it into the High Temp register.

Problem solved and easy to understand looking at ladder.

Last edited: