GE Versamax micro serial heartbeat

egogg

I'm trying to devise a serial communications heartbeat for a GE Versamax micro IC200UAL006. Is there some internal system bit that I can examine to accomplish this? I'm communicating with a serial-ethernet server on Port 2, which is the RS-485 15 pin port. I've slapped a converter dongle on it and I'm running RS-232 up to the serial server.

You'll have to create your own heartbeat. What I've done in the past is to create a free-running counter that increments on every pulse of the #T_SEC bit. The external device can monitor the counter's accumulated value and if it does not detect a change in value it signals a watchdog fault. Furtheremore, when it does detect a change in value it can write back a value of zero to the tag. That way, if the PLC ever detects a value greater than the update frequency of the external device, the PLC can also signal a watchdog fault.

hello friends we are using GE FANUC there are many time problem for black out on SACDA screen.so give me solution of this problem

hello friends we are using GE FANUC there are many time problem for black out on SACDA screen.so give me solution of this problem

You might want to check the "Power" options in the Control Panel on your SCADA computer to make sure that you are not requesting a blank screen after an inactivity timeout. I'd also check the "Display" properties to make sure that this isn't due to a screensaver being turned on.