GE90-70 to wonderware with redlion

voodoo

Hello all, I want to use Redlion (Crimson 2 or 3) as a protocol converter between a GE90-70 SNP to talk to Wonderware Intouch 10.1. I set up the comms in the redlion for SNP master and the ethernet port (this maybe wrong) as TCP/IP active with my computers IP address. But I don't know what DAserver to use in Wonderware.

Anyone gone through this before? thanks in advance.

I can using CCM or SNP with one computer but the other computer is too far away for RS232 so i want to use ethernet then i can put them all together. I wanted to use an ethernet card for the 90-70 but our local rep says that the 90-70 is too old. Have you ever heard that before?

I have seen ethernet cards for a 90/70 but i guess it depends on your cpu type. It will be lots of $$$ so maybe the redlion is a cheaper option anyway and you may gain other uses for the redlion.. is it a datastation your considering or a full HMI

Hello,

If you choose the TCP/IP active driver this will require you to create programs in the DSP to read/write the raw ASCII data. A better option would be Modbus TCP if your wonderware supports it.

Thanks
Jeremy

It is always more efficient to communicate serially with a GEIP 90-70 or 90-30 using SNP or SNPx, when you can, as this is its native language. On Ethernet it is SRTP.