General questions? If your up to the challenge!!!

General answers for Home work.

1:HMI aplication or software program on PC that match with PLC controller hardware will acess the program inside controller and controller send the data to motor controlling devices I/O,Relay,Contactors,VFD,Servo Drives,etc...there is a comm link between controller and application on PC.Comm between controller and motor controlling devices depends on what devices are used.

2:Conversion to digital(for motor),some use optical disc,some use resolver(transformer),etc..

3:Normal 3phase motor forward/reverse control,you need 2 contactor assemblies only.

4:If you able to run motor during pressing start button problem is holding contact ckt

5:Assuming 3 phase motor is feeding by 2 phase only.
Motor will be damaged if you don't use thermal overload or over current protection because motor will pull in very high current.

(Industrial electrician)