Generating source in step7

I've written a function block that calls several SFBs that I want to be able to export and import and compile. My question is how I do this the easiest way? Right now I simply call the SFBs, and have created instance DBs.

But if I remove the instance DBs and the FB, and try to compile the source, the compiler says the instance DBs are missing. This is of course true, but is it possible to have Step7 automatically create the instance DBs, or is it possible to include the called SFBs instance DBs in the FBs instance DB?

Thanks

It is posible to include SFbs in the header for an FB that calls them. They need to be declared in the STAT section e.g. Name: send Type: SFB12. In your code you would call send and not SFB12.

Nick

If you want the instance DBs to be generated by the compilation process you have to generate the source code for the DBs. Here some example source which I compiled to generate all the blocks:
Code:
DATA_BLOCK DB 1120
TITLE =
AUTHOR : SIMATIC
FAMILY : COM_FUNC
VERSION : 0.0
 SFB 12
BEGIN
END_DATA_BLOCK

DATA_BLOCK DB 1121
TITLE =
AUTHOR : SIMATIC
FAMILY : COM_FUNC
VERSION : 0.0
 SFB 12
BEGIN
END_DATA_BLOCK
FUNCTION_BLOCK FB 1
TITLE =
VERSION : 0.1
BEGIN
NETWORK
TITLE =
      CALL SFB   12 , DB  1120 ;
      NOP   0; 
NETWORK
TITLE =
      CALL SFB   12 , DB  1121 ;
      NOP   0; 
END_FUNCTION_BLOCK

ORGANIZATION_BLOCK OB 1
TITLE = "Main Program Sweep (Cycle)"
VERSION : 0.1

VAR_TEMP
  OB1_EV_CLASS : BYTE ; //Bits 0-3 = 1 (Coming event), Bits 4-7 = 1 (Event class 1)
  OB1_SCAN_1 : BYTE ; //1 (Cold restart scan 1 of OB 1), 3 (Scan 2-n of OB 1)
  OB1_PRIORITY : BYTE ; //Priority of OB Execution
  OB1_OB_NUMBR : BYTE ; //1 (Organization block 1, OB1)
  OB1_RESERVED_1 : BYTE ; //Reserved for system
  OB1_RESERVED_2 : BYTE ; //Reserved for system
  OB1_PREV_CYCLE : INT ; //Cycle time of previous OB1 scan (milliseconds)
  OB1_MIN_CYCLE : INT ; //Minimum cycle time of OB1 (milliseconds)
  OB1_MAX_CYCLE : INT ; //Maximum cycle time of OB1 (milliseconds)
  OB1_DATE_TIME : DATE_AND_TIME ; //Date and time OB1 started
END_VAR
BEGIN
NETWORK
TITLE =

UC    FB     1; 
END_ORGANIZATION_BLOCK

@Manglemender: This was exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Only one question remains: If I use the sample program you attached, is it possible to call the "send" and "rec" functions more than once, or do I have to declare a new function for each call? In my code, I call two SFBs three times each.

If you want to call the same FB/SFB multiple times then each instance must be declared individually in the header e.g. Send1, Send2, Send3 etc.

Nick