Generator Voltage/Current Problems

The neutral is bonded to ground at the gen. Which in most cases is bonded to nothing. I put a ground rod in last year...etc, and same thing. Cord running into stove is #10 AWG. Polarity is correct, no voltage drop.

Its either the glow bar, the electronic thermostat switch, or the 120VAC Valve. Looks like I will get the manuals tomorrow (Sunday). I will scan the interesting parts, and once we fix it, you all can come up to my camp. LOL.

BryanG, please tell more...

Thanks again.

Johnny

One of my customers customers was trying to get a battery charger to work. It was fine on mains but refused to work on a mobile generator. Unfortunately it was 250 miles away and I wasn't about to drive that far as a favour. I was relying on a couple of mechanical engineers to take electrical readings, so I could not do the normal logic to trace faults. These guys have been in the business for years and suggested sticking a transformer between the generator and charger, here in the UK that is 240V in and out (they had one in the back of their van). I was skeptical, but it worked. It is amazing the creative solutions people who don't really know what they are doing come up with when there is a weekly bonus at stake.

Regards

Bryan