Get V32 license from V31 Central Managment Server?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I have a customer that lets their IT run rampant and requires us to use a Jump server. The problem is that our PLC project is V32 and their Standard Version is 31 at the moment. Can I get a floating license for V32 from a V31 server?

I am pretty sure you can. I believe our license server has a RSLogix 5000 license version 26 and that single license supports versions from 13 through 32. I just created a new project using version 32 and it didn't bark at me.

So I have a customer that lets their IT run rampant and requires us to use a Jump server. The problem is that our PLC project is V32 and their Standard Version is 31 at the moment. Can I get a floating license for V32 from a V31 server?

I agree that you can

The issue that I ran into with V27.00 to V32.03 ... the FT License manager is much newer on V32 and won't talk to the FT License manager on our older license server. V31 to V32 should be OK.

BTW - A jump server is just a small part of defense in depth. The combo that I find most annoying is: assigning all unused ports to an unused VLAN, and disabling all of the unused ports on the switches. So trying to troubleshoot a faulty cat6 cable requires getting the switch config changed and a VLAN enabled :(

ie - be happy it's only a jump server.

Last edited: