getting my click plc to communicate with a rs232 commercial scale

jcollins

I'm trying to get my click to receive data sent from my commercial scale for a farming application. I'm having a hard time getting the 2 to interface. I'm not sure I'm following the connections right. attached are the 2 pages of the scale manual for the rs232 connection of the scale. I did notice when I tried to set up the receive command in the click that the one of the rj12 wires needs a 5v connection. this scale had some print near the port saying it was 7-10v. I'm not sure if that's contributing to my confusion. any perspective on this is appreciated.
If there is a better/easier commercial scale to work with I'd love to know about it, I need to be able to measure in grams though.
scale model is a EW-1500i from A&D

scale manual pic 1.PNG scale manual pic 2.PNG