Getting PLC state via OPC UA

MS_OT

A CIP request for the Identity class (0x01), Instance (0x01), yields the State in Attribute 8 (0x03 as Operational, for eg.) in its response.

Is there a way to get this via an OPC UA server? In other words, can one use an OPC UA client to set up a PubSub notification for getting changes to this State value?

My understanding (incomplete, perhaps) is that OPC lets you define mappings from PLC tags into Objects (or Nodes) that are accessible via UA on TCP to let OPC UA clients query the value of these PLC tags.
Is this also possible for other things, like the CIP Identity object?

Similar Topics

Good morning guys; Im new at AB plc, and i just need help about a table or a list called something like "exchange data table" in French it is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an ABB AC500 PM-582 PLC, The question is... is it possible to get the compiled code out of the CPU, i need to have this as a backup...
Replies
Views
There is small programming that has to be done for a S7 300 PLC. Most of the equipment here is Allen Bradley PLC except for this one Siemens S7...
Replies
Views
Hello Gurus, I have started teaching myself Allen Bradley PLC with RSLgoix 500 and LogixPro with grateful and helping comments of you gurus...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to get my click to receive data sent from my commercial scale for a farming application. I'm having a hard time getting the 2 to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom