Getting Profibus network layout diagram any software??

bornwild

Hey all
Can I get profibus layout diagram in a nice diagram so I could troubleshoot the network. I have seen this in rsnetworx. Does any one know a software. Please advice

I think a problem maybe that the cable doesnt run in node order so a diagram of nodes would need the physical cable shown correctly to be much use

There is a physical layout and a logical layout.
Most of my experience with Profibus has been on S7, which generates a nice logical layout of the bus. This is not the physical layout, which is what I think you need.
The physical layout is generally found in the installation electrical drawings. However, some suppliers are known to not bother with these, so you may have to trace out your own drawings if these were not supplied.

there are profibus diagnostic tools which can do this for you. It calculates the network layout for you quite accurately provided there is not too much electrical noise in your profibus network.

It cannot create a layout or bus diagram if there is a repeater in between though... You can check our www.procentec.com or www.softing.com.

I use the profitrace from procentec and it is quite good...