getting the fraction part of a divide function

jtokash

Hello!

I am simply trying to convert a distance in inches to feet showing the number of feet with the fractional part just displayed as .xxx. I do not need to convert the .xxx to inches as I will be using the number to calculate square feet (I am also taking a width measurement in inches that I need to do the same for). I am using an automationdirect DL-06 microplc. I have tried using double word and floating point division with BCD numbers, floating point, etc... but whatever I try all I get in the V memory location I output the result to is the whole number part of the calculation, not the fractional part at all. I need to be able to get that fractional part to get an accurate square footage of the material I am measuring. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

First - convert your inch measurment (whole inches?) to a REAL number. I'll assume that the inch measurement is in BCD. let's say your inch measuremtn is in V2000. We'll leave the REAL output in V2002/V2003

LD V2000 - INCH MEASUREMENT BCD
BIN
BTOR
DIVR R12.0
OUTD V2002 - THE DISTANCE IN FEET

Make sure that when you view V2002 (either in DirectSoft or on a display) that the format is REAL (FLOAING_POINT32 on EZ-Touch and CMore)

Do you have a "MOD" or "MODULO" function, if yes it will return the "Remainder" of a "Divide" function.