Global Objects in FTView

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys, I have a question about Global Objects. I have a project that uses Global Objects on a Compact Logix L72 and FT View SE 6.0. I have figured out how to find out what values are being passed to the faceplate. (right clicking and selecting Global Object Parameter Values). So now I know that (in this case) #1 is LIT_500. Then I open the Template and find the High Alarm Setpoint Numeric Entry window and double click and find that this data connection is #1.AH.SP with Min and Max values driven by #1.EULO and #1.EUHI.

My problem is if I change the value in RSLogix 5000 they are updated in FTView. I can't Download a new value to from the faceplate even when it is between the min and max values. The connection is set <> to read and write. But it just goes red. Any ideas why it isn't writing?

Why would someone use this method instead of faceplates with parameter files? Whats the benefit? Seems more difficult to me but its still new for me.

Does anyone have a link to an AB PDF file documentation on using these parent objects and global objects? I'm only finding very basic info.

Thanks for any help,

Kraken Fan #69

Last edited: