Going from Flex Logix controller to a Control Logix

mattjsayers

I'm pulling out a Flex Logix controller and updating to a control logix 1756-L72. My question is will that just straight swap out? and do I need to change my programming to talk to the existing I/O that is staying? (I am just changing out the controller and adding two Ethernet cards 1756-ENT2T's for PLC to PLC and HMI communications.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum !

If you had local 1794 FLEX blocks, they'll need to be reconfigured as I/O blocks connected to a remote 1794-AENT(R).

When you change the controller type, all the remote I/O modules get deleted and you have to add them back under a new 1756-ENxT module in the I/O tree.

I do this by opening two sessions of RSLogix 5000 and copy-pasting the I/O module definitions between the two. It's a little tedious, but much faster than typing in all the configurations by hand.