going online

senen

HI GUYS,
I know this question already ask a million times.I'm still
new with PLC'S AND YOU GUYS ALREADY HELP ME when i have a problem
establishing communication with ab micrologic 1000.Now my pc is
configured for micrologic 1000.I would like to go online to
micrologic 1500 and SLC 5/03 with panel view 550.CAN YOU GIVE ME
A PROCEDURE HOW TO ESTABLISH COMMUNICATION WITH 1500 AND SLC 5/03??
I read ab manual..but they don't show anything that like
me will understand.

thanks,
senen

RSlinx

hello,
1 After booting your PC start Rslinx
see any device is online or not

2. if not check which comm protocol you are using
DF1
DH485
If you have Micrologix 1500 then configiour Channel 0 to DF1 or DH485
3. if you have earlier driver delete that & add new driver
(do point no 3 by PLC is off)

if you have any further problem let me know !

regards,
sandeep patil

I beleieve you also need different cables than that of the micrologix 1000. TYhe SLC 503 uses 1747-cp3 attached is a listing of AB cables.

Connecting to a Micrologix 1000, 1500, and SLC5/03:

The Micrologix 1000 most likely uses either a DH-485 or Serial (DF1) Protocol. You must use a 1761-CBLAP00 or 1761-CBL-PM02 to connect to the round DIN com port. RSLinx: set up your driver for a DF1 connection on com port 1. Make sure no other drivers are trying to communicate thru com port 1 at the same time. (Stop or Delete any conflicts) Hook your cable to the Micro and try to do an Automatic Configure. If not Successful try chosing the driver called 1747-PIC from the drop down menu. Autoconfigure and you will have success. Make sure no other drivers are trying to communicate thru com port 1 at the same time. (Stop or Delete any conflicts)

The 1500 use DH-485 or Serial (DF1) protocol as well. I believe that a 1500 usually comes with 2 com ports. Fresh out of the box, I think com 0 is set for DF1 and com 1 is set for DH-485. On the front of the unit, you can lift a cover and expose a push button that says something like DF0 or DF1 I forget. Anyway, push and hold that little button until a green LED comes on. This forces the com port indicated to a DF1 serial connection. The cable for this bugger is 1747-CP3 in either mode. RSLinx: See above procedure. Use the right cable.

A SLC5/03 is DH-485 communication.RSLinx: Try the 1747-CP3 cable and the 1747-PIC driver in linx.

Hey, make life easy and buy a 1747-UIC. It plugs in to a USB port and you can use a 1747-CP3 cable to go into the SLC5/03. Flip a switch and it communicates DF1. Bingo! you can connect to the 1500 or 1000 if it is set for DF1 using the same cable.

Gotta go. Best of luck

Just don't try an rs 232 connection with the 1747 UIC I've encountered problems on the micrologix 1200 with that adaptor and ended up using a standard usb adaptor.

THANKS TO ALL,

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU GAVE ME IS A BIG HELP...IT MAKES
MY TROUBLESHOOTING A LOT EASIER AND SAVES ME A LOT OF DOWNTIME.NOW
I CAN JUST GO ONLINE AND CAN SEE THE MACHINE LADDER DIAGRAM AND
PINPOINT WHATEVER MACHINE PROBLEM I HAVE.

THANKS AGAIN
SENEN