HART Modem

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all,

Once again looking for a new hart modem. I have a VIATOR from Pepperl&Fuchs on my desk that just won't work. Also have an old SMAR321 that I haven't been able to get working on W10.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Looking for something that can be connected to my PC, not a $10k standalone unit.

Thanks so much!

Depends on how much money you want to spend.

At my workplace I used Viator and MicroLink without major issues.

Then I needed one for myself and did not want to spend a fortune, so I bought myself a M195 modem on Aliexpress. Works great with PACTware and has built-in 24VDC supply, so you can power up a transmitter on a bench without external power supplies.

I use the USB HART moden from Endress & Hauser with good luck.

This one? The VIATOR I've got we got through E&H, that's funny.

Depends on how much money you want to spend.

At my workplace I used Viator and MicroLink without major issues.

Then I needed one for myself and did not want to spend a fortune, so I bought myself a M195 modem on Aliexpress. Works great with PACTware and has built-in 24VDC supply, so you can power up a transmitter on a bench without external power supplies.

I just need something that works! The VIATOR driver is just not working on my W10. I will check out the cheapo recommendation, thank you :)