Have a new laptop . Loading Studio 5000 and others.What order should they be loaded ?

Cydog

Good Afternoon,

I have a new laptop . Getting ready to load Rockwell Software . In what order do you recommend loading the following ....

•Studio 5000 earlier version to 33.00 , or it doesn’t matter ? What version does
Studio 5000 start , compared to RS Logix 5000

•RS Logix 5000 earlier version to present or it doesn’t matter ?

•RS Logix 500 earlier version to present , or it doesn’t matter with RS Logix 500

•FactoryTalk View - You can only have one version on a computer, correct ?
So if it is version 11 , you can still use it for earlier versions such has version 6
correct ?

Thanks so much ,

Only load the version you need, starting with the oldest version. RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000 will start automatically when you open an offline file.

with RSlogix 500, you need to load the latest version.

FT View, I assume you mean ME edition. You only need the latest version. However, it will ask you to do a conversion. When you create run time files, you will have the option to create run time for older firmware revision. Note that some older hardware can only handle firmware up to certain revision. More here:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=110605

Thanks . So I downloaded Studio 5000 version 32 , first but I did not install fully .
So when you mean install from earliest to latest , you mean fully installed , correct ?

So if I downloaded version 32 , I can keep it in the downloaded state in the RA folder , but start with version 20 fully install , then go to version 24 fully install , then 28 , etc. correct ?

Thanks so much for your help ,

There is a download for RS Studio 5000 that contains versions 24 thru 32 in one install. I didn't see it at first pass on the download page, the link is kind of hard to find.

There is a download for RS Studio 5000 that contains versions 24 thru 32 in one install. I didn't see it at first pass on the download page, the link is kind of hard to find.

It's actually available in "Extras", it's called a multiversion installer. They have one now which covers all PLCs from V20-33, available in the extras for V33.