Having problems with FC105

Einstein_86

I used FC105 for scaling analog inputs and I (renamed it) as I read advices here in order to not override the original function.

Anyway I attached a shot for my function and the results it gives which are totally unlogical and seems like garbage. I do not know what is wrong with it, can anybody here tell me ?

And I would like to note that I wanted to use PIW but it does not accept it !!!!!
It gives the message :Data type of IN does not fit the symbol table entry of the actual side , so I used IW (with the same address) it was accepted but gives the same garbage output as the attached one.

Please advice me

my scaling function.jpg

Hi
PIW must be set as INT within your symbol table to be used as direct input.

Do you need it to be bipolar? This means your result maybe negative..... but your min value is positive, set your bipolar to be 1

Why do you have an enable bit? I would usually process analog inputs continuously

MW1 overlaps MD2
Ohh my God it worked ! Thank you so much, I just changed it to another address (MD100) and it worked ,
but would you please explain more the nature of this problem ? [actually i always thought MW and MD are different places :$]

Hi
PIW must be set as INT within your symbol table to be used as direct input.

Do you need it to be bipolar? This means your result maybe negative..... but your min value is positive, set your bipolar to be 1

Why do you have an enable bit? I would usually process analog inputs continuously
Thank you so much, I changed it in the symbol table to INT and the function accepted the PIW,
but I wonder why is the default data type of analog inputs WORD, as long as the function which scales analog inputs accepts only integer !!

I am not using bipolar, i was just putting trial values & the enable in my program enables the whole station to operate