Having trouble with MSG read

eight_bools

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys, I worked on this all night last night and all afternoon today. I have a SLC5/04 that I am trying to make a msg read from a PLC 5/20. I attached the plc programs, if that helps. I am trying to read data from N13:0 on the PLC5 and store it at N13:0 on the SLC. I keep getting an error 7: Target Node Does Not Respond. The msg instruction is located in Ladder 7 Rung 20 of the SLC

That's was it, thanks so much. In a side note I read chapter 12 last night twice and didnt see that in there. Feeling pretty dumb today : )

That's was it, thanks so much. In a side note I read chapter 12 last night twice and didnt see that in there. Feeling pretty dumb today : )

Is this school work?

Why are they teaching this old stuff? If I had 2 old systems that needed to talk I'd just use a 3rd PLC that is RSLogix or better and let that handle the messaging.

Now if the site said this is a really important system for production. I'd say OK, we are ripping out this old ********. Also, if important I'm not doing messaging produce/consume... So many questions.

Last edited: