Help....Converting acd file to PFD.

HoldenC

I saw a few post where members were submitting there acd files and having them converted to pdf files. Im not sure if this is against any rules, if not, I was hoping to have the same done.

The short story is we have lost access to our PLC's due to the last PLC guy taking our copies of Logix with him. I just wanted to be able to have a pdf of the ladder, so i could learn how everything is set up here.

Im being asked to take a more active role in the company, in hope they will allow me to purchase another copy of RsLogix 5000/500.

Here is the file in case anyone can help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3ms0Z0DRx6qaWdDR2tYUkJuTnM

The short story is we have lost access to our PLC's due to the last PLC guy taking our copies of Logix with him.

you need to talk this over with your distributor ... if the licenses are actually registered to your company (not to the guy who left) - then you should be able to have this straightened out ...

Thats what I discussed with someone before, but I never tried to contact anyone.

We installed a ControlLogix system when we performed an upgrade around 2012. The PLC work was performed by some contractors. However, a copy of RsLogix5000,2 copies of FactoryTalk View, and 1 copy of Factory Talk Studio were included in the upgrade. The contractors are now out of business.

Also, since 2012 the company has been taken over 2 different times. So, it is a mess All I have left now is the install disk and activation instructions for one copy of FT View.

IM not sure we have an other options at this point.

I just spoke with my local RA person, and I given some good news.

If we purchase a Customer Service Agreement, they can most likely recover our license. Not sure how long it would take. Anywhere from 2 hours, to 2 weeks I was told. They may need to come and inspect our operation.

ON the ACD to PDF conversion, is this not something I can ask someone to do for my own benefit ? Im new to programming on a large scale, and wanted to look at the ladder and learn a bit. I wasnt for sure if this violated any rules. I thought I had seen someone ask that before on this forum.

TIP: if you had posted the ACD files (zipped first - forum rule) to the forum as an attachment, someone would already have done the conversion for you ...

there are some of us (old coots) who will not access files from dropboxes, etc. for security reasons ...

someone younger and more trusting will probably be along soon and help you out ... just give it a day or so - most of the members have paying jobs and only check the forum once or twice a day ...

Last edited:
there are some of us (old coots) who will not access files from dropboxes, etc. for security reasons ...

And I thought I was the only one :p

Holden, Zip it like Ron said and I will print it

Ron said:
most of the members have paying jobs and only check the forum once or twice a day ...

My job does not pay very much so I check in more than most :)

Im so sorry that I missed that bit of information about files posted directly on the board.

My problem now is that the file size is too large for the board. My ACD file is right at 2.47mb. So its even over the supporting member size.

Im so sorry that I missed that bit of information about files posted directly on the board.

My problem now is that the file size is too large for the board. My ACD file is right at 2.47mb. So its even over the supporting member size.

Being one of those younger(tho not more trusting, I have a throw away VM for this sort of thing) members, give me 10 mins and i'll have a .pdf that I can hopefully post.

Trying to get the .pdf down to a reasonable size right now.

On the way -

Now a quick note, That program shows that you've got ControlNet kicking around.
Dig around and see if you have a .xc file for that.

If not, Get someone in to recreate that)or do it yourself if you happen to have RsNetworx) before something goes pear-shaped and you can't easily recover.

I'm actively searching for that fie right now.

Im still a novice when it comes to PLCs, I had to search up ControlNet just now.

I see that our Main PC has a programs folder for RsNetworx.

I just spoke with my local RA person, and I given some good news.

If we purchase a Customer Service Agreement, they can most likely recover our license. Not sure how long it would take. Anywhere from 2 hours, to 2 weeks I was told. They may need to come and inspect our operation.

I don't think you should have to purchase anything to recover something that is rightfully yours, but you have to prove it.
If the audit trail is adequate, they should recover your license for free.

It takes a few seconds to update ownership details.... no more

I fail to see why... this is a licensing issue, they have no need to do this, other than to try and sell more product....