HELP: Lost communication with RedLion HMI

IPCHawk

Recently updated a Red Lion G310 program from a laptop and changed the assigned IP address. NOW...after editing the IP address for the HMI in the laptop device manager. We cant connect to the HMI at all. Yes we can ping the device, but can not communicate with it. Any suggestions???

There is a tick box on the Ethernet setup that has to be ticked to allow IP Download.

If you did not enable this then you'll be able to ping the unit as it has taken your new IP address but with that setting off IP programming is now disabled. You will either have to use USB or the Serial programming port to enable it.

Similar Topics

Hello Everyone! I'm in trouble here... We have two PLCs on a network IP (192.168.1.43 node 51, 192.168.1.44 node 52). I used the file and program...
Replies
Views
As many of you will notice I'm relatively new at plc's.My question today is how do I communicate when I have a laptop without a serial port,I...
Replies
Views
Hi Why does my program fault the cpu after the completion of the first scan? I've spent hours on this simple P.O.S and just can't get past it...
Replies
Views
Hello This week i just lost the capacity to do Excel tag edit on my RSlogix500 soft. (I was using it few days before and the soft is installed...
Replies
Views
Let me start by saying that I know *nothing* about PLCs. At all. We would like to be able, outside Rockwell's RSView32 software, to monitor and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom