Help needed for configuring a S5- 946/947 CPU w Profibus

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
Hi guys, I am in an aluminum plant trying to help confure an S5 with Profibus to talk to our controller. We have the communications working reading and writing 8 registers each way. The problem is that the S5 PLC program can not read the data. We are trying to use a IM308C block. The parameters for a read are
DPAD = F800
IMST = 0,3 // The RMC is node 3
FCT = RI
GCGR=00000000 00000000
TYP=0,10
STAD= +0
LENG= +16

Are we going about this correctly? I know nothing about S5.
Peter Nachtwey

A quick search of the siemens web site indicates you are using the Siemens block FB192. The parameters used will read 16 bytes from the Profibus slave and store them in DB10 starting at DW0
There is also an ERR parameter (which you have not shown) details of which are shown below:

308001.JPG

Manual Here: http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/csfetch/1142470/ET200_e.pdf?func=cslib.csFetch&nodeid=1142140

The Siemens distributor will try again later

We were hoping this would be a simple problem. There was a knowledgable person from the local Siemens distributor there and he still couldn't get the Profibus DP to work even after calling Siemens tech support. We could get the green lights to show in the first few minutes but had no success after that. We don't know where the problem is except we a pretty sure it isn't between the two Profibus DP interfaces.

We are shipping a controller that will go to this distrubutor so he can get it to run in the comfort and peace of his own office.

We did get and error that indicated that the S7 couldn't find the input and output register.

We were using FB10. The aluminum plant has a training PLC that we used.