Help needed for process automation concept

manikandan

Hi all,

I'am looking for the automation of Strip pasting process.

Strips will be pasted on the board.(please refer attachment)

Glue should be placed in between strip and board.

Now this process is done by manually.

I want to make this one automated.

can anyone give me the concept for this process?

Thanks
Manikandan
[email protected]
India.

Last edited:
How accurate must everything be?

Ifthere is a high degree of accuraccy required, you will need to look at a multi axis servo setup. Possibly ControlLogix with Ultras or or similar systems if you need alot of discrete control as well.

David

That is quite a variety of sizes.

Is there any kind of regularity in the sizes delivered? Or are the particular sizes random at any given time?

Is there any kind of gap between the pieces as they are delivered? That is, can a piece be optically identified as being separated from the others?

It sounds like you might be trying to solve the problem after it has become unsolvable. One should always try to solve a problem at the point it first appears - not later in the process, at that point, it only gets harder to resolve.

Worst case, a bundle of these strips is thrown onto a conveyor... there might be gaps... maybe not... there might be overlaps. Then, somehow, the machine is supposed to act like a human eye and a human mind discerning the difference between one piece and another, even if they are overlapped... that's quite a reach.

If that's your intention, then you are trying to solve the wrong problem. If that is indeed your intention, then you need, instead, to develop a way to "feed" the pieces in a controlled manner so that they can be indivually scrutinized, acted on, and subsequently utilized.

If the purpose is to separate the content of a bundle then you need to regulate the "feed-rate" of the contents of the bundle in a manner that contributes to subsequent handling.