Help with Circuit..New at this

Here's another approach that might be a little easier. Set up your high speed counter minimum and maximum values at zero and 99, so that it rolls over every 100 counts. Every time it rolls over, increment a standard counter instruction. You would have a counter for each of the energy levels. At 1.7 KHz, 100 counts is 58.8 mS, so a ladder logic counter should work fine.

Last edited:
post Topic

thanks everyone for the input..I have most of it working except that I need to be able to view the contents of certain memory locations. Is there any way to use hyperterminal or something like that that will dump the memory locations I need to see to the PC screen?

Thanks very much in advance.

papagyo

Time to read up on the Print Message (PRINT) instruction (starting on page 5-189). Should be pretty easy to print embeded V-memory data out port 2 to your PC...

beerchug

-Eric

Post topic

Thanks Eric for steering me in the right direction for the VPRINT function..but now if I may ask from a few posts back to Steve..can ya throw me a "bone" on the suggestion you made? I have read and searched for an example of how to get the high speed counter to count to 100 and when it rolls over increment a regular counter on each energy selected (sounds a lot easier than what I have been doing..without success I might add) Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

papagyo

I just downloaded the DL06 manual from the AD website. It looks like the HSC doesn't roll over. You have to reset it.

To me, it looks like mode 10 is your best bet. Set a preset value of 99. When the accumulated count reaches 99, your program will jump to the interrupt routine associated with the preset. Put a ladder logic counter in the interrupt routine. Also include logic to reset the HSC to zero. Details are in chapter 3 of the manual.