Help with connecting and reading ethernet packages in plc-programs please!!

Fiddeflygare

Hi.
I am working on a project where the customer has inquired if it is possible to connect a barcode-reader to the plc to make the setting of orderspecific variables easier. Now i have asked the manufacturer of the plc and it is possible but only by ethernet connection on my system. I am using a bosch-rexroth MLD (internal PLC in a servodrive) and i am wondering if anyone in here has had experience in doing the same or similar programming?

The problem with the MLD is that i am forced to make a program that is divided in the same steps as a normal TCP/IP protocol is operating by o_O. I was tipped to use the library RIL_SocketComm.lib but i can't use that since i get a lot of errors from the FB:s in that library so i am forced to use the library SysLibSockets.lib instead šŸ™ƒ. Anyone here that can give me tips and trix about how to write and build the program so that i can read the header and data of the package sent by the barcode reader?

I have little experience of working with TCP/IP, Ethernet and i have absolutley never tried to send information to a PLC-program via Ethernet except from HMI:s where i already have programs to configure everything...

I don't know if you can do what are you trying to do. I did a program a while back with the Bosch MLD that needed a CanOpen device to send data back and forth and it caused much pain. Ended up having to get a special firmware from Bosch themselves.
I would think that you'd have to setup the data transfer in Indraworks as part of the Ethernet there.