Help with programming issues

tury

How would i set up the logic to check and verify that an item was inserted without a confirmation sensor after the item is inserted.
Using RSlogix 500.

Help With Programming?

I don't know how you would confirm the presence of the part without some kind of sensor. The best practice, in my experience, is to confirm with the APPROPRIATE type of sensor. I have done some systems where the part is condutive, and I used the part itself to connect the circuit of a 24V signal back to the PLC input. Simple but very effective. If you could be more specific, maybe others would have some ideas.
🍻

Tury,

Can you give us a few more details? What item is being inserted, and how is it inserted, and what is it inserted into?

If there is no "confirmation sensor", then the only verification must be from the device that did the insertion. It might be possible to set up some type of feedback from the insertion device that says, "yes, I did insert an item".

You didn't mentioned what item is inserted and by what means is it inserted.

But, I think it is difficult to verify without any feedback anyway.

Something like "I believe they have credited the balance money into my account".

i am sending a pin threw a tube that has a ring sensor, after the ring sensor detects the pin a cylinder inserts the pin into a part. On the cylinder i have a home position and full stroke sensor.

"....and Bob's your Uncle" as they say in the UK. If your ring sensor verifies that the pin was there, then the cylinder full stroke sensor detects a stroke, then the ring sensor no longer detects a pin, then it must have been inserted, or dropped somewhere else!

Last edited:
tury said:
i am sending a pin threw a tube that has a ring sensor, after the ring sensor detects the pin a cylinder inserts the pin into a part. On the cylinder i have a home position and full stroke sensor.

Can you verify the ring sensor "detectes nothing" during the return stroke of the cylinder to identify the part was inserted.