Help with RSLinx and yellow question marks

danteirurzo

Hi community!

Before I installed CCW my RSLinx was working fine, but after it, I cannot connect to some PLC's in the network and all the devices appear with a yellow question mark.
I already tried to install all the EDS, upload EDS from the device and still not working.

I contacted rockwell support and they send me this tech article " FactoryTalk Linx (RSLinx Enterprise) Shows Yellow Question Mark for Everything" but I cannot open it because I don't have a tech connect contract.

Could someone help me please telling me a summary of the article or with your advise please?

Thanks very much

In a nutshell . . .

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell and see if the file named HardwareDatabase.xml is present. If its there, Open it using Notepad or a XML editor.
See if the version of this XML file matches the version of Linx installed by looking at <VersionInfo version>

If it doesn't match, "repair" Linx from the Control Panel after stopping the Linx service.

If you don't have the file, Try to reinstall Linx

If the file is still not there after a reinstall, copy it from another PC that is running the same version, stop the service and copy it over, then restart the service.