HELP with RSLinx Enterprise and FT View Studio v6.10

I'm not sure what you mean about the .apa file being a legacy file.

If you go to tools in FactoryTalk View and then click on application manager and restore the .apa file I sent you it should work.

Mark

Mark is probably on the right track above, but if you are using a later version of RSLogix, you need to make sure the tags are configured for read/write access as well.

Mark is probably on the right track above, but if you are using a later version of RSLogix, you need to make sure the tags are configured for read/write access as well.

Thanks

Yes my tags are read/write

I am honestly thinking that I have misconfigured my connections using RSLinx Enterprise.

Do you know how to reset the deafault connection settings in RSLinx Enterprise?

I am geting these two error messages in FT View Studio when I try to test my project...

1. Problem writing value "0" to item' ::[Test 1 Tags]Program:MainProgram.Stop'

2. DF1:Failed to open \\.\COM1 as it may already be in use by another applicaation

Are you trying to connect to the PLC serially? I'd strongly urge you to go Ethernet if you are.

Your IO Topic name can't have spaces, "Test 1 Tags" won't work, "Test_1_Tags" would.

Make sure also, as mentioned above, that in Linx Enterprise, you have your IO Topic pointing to your processor in both design time and run time.

Are you trying to connect to the PLC serially? I'd strongly urge you to go Ethernet if you are.

Your IO Topic name can't have spaces, "Test 1 Tags" won't work, "Test_1_Tags" would.

Make sure also, as mentioned above, that in Linx Enterprise, you have your IO Topic pointing to your processor in both design time and run time.

I am using Ethernet
I just corrected my IO topic syntax

It friggin works!!! 🍺

I feel like a kid on Christmas
THANK YOU!!!! Shew I make stuff so much more difficult than what it is

THANKS to rdrast and Mark
I love this forum!