Hey Phil

ChuckM said:
That's where I was going. but in this day and age, too many people are of the mindsetthat they have a right to not be offended. Couple that with the fact that a high horse is easy to mount on "teh internets". However I can't see how that high horse ride could be comfortable with ones panties in a bunch.

There is no high horse or pedestal involved in this situation.

YOU do realize what you did was ATTACK another persons moral values?

George is too nice so would not argue the issue...me, that is another subject, my avatar says it best.

Here is one I posted long ago, but it still applies today. It does not apply to any one person in this instance, but it applies equally to all of us at all times:

Moulder's Law of Flaming

Just as a road rage driver feels secure within his steel womb to vent his fury on all those around him, the anonymity of the internet lets some imagine they are free of basic social constraints, such as civility and good manners. But of this we can be sure - the man in private is the man in truth, and there is no better indicator that a man be an a$$ except that he be an a$$ online.

You can see that this is from me. Do you want to take a chance? Are you alone? Close the drapes... and lock the doors.

If you are NOT 18 years old, or older, leave this post immediately!

There have been a few comments about having tall red letters displayed on the screen while others, at work, might be looking over your shoulder. The following is for those that showed a concern for what might happen "at work"...

I think Ron made it pretty clear that this was an Off Topic subject...

So... hmmm... while someone is at work, being paid to work... why would they be on-line, reading Off Topic threads?

Now, I'm not one to be so much in favor of "the man" (I'm much more in favor of the worker). But... I'm not at all in favor of cheating "the man" out of his due.

Much of the lip-service about how one really, really uses this site, everyday, while they're at work, just to help them do their jobs... is a bunch of hogwash!

If you really are giving "the man" his due, which I believe you should... then why in the hell are you reading Off Topic threads (which might contain tall, red, letters) at work?

...unless, of course, you believe that doing so IS paying "the man" his due...

Thanks Ron for the kind words, but I'm really not that good.
Terry You finally get it.
Nothing inflamatory about that last thread. Totally safe for Work.
So... hmmm... while someone is at work, being paid to work... why would they be on-line, reading Off Topic threads?
Hogwash or not, I really have used a lot of the knowledge from this site at work. Terry you know who my favorites are.

I do have guidelines that I set for internet use at work.
I read my Emails of course.
I do skim Yahoo headlines.
If a big story hits, I might read it.
On September 11th I was pretty much glued to the screen.
I look at new posted topics on this site, and Ron's.

I do not read Blogs at work.
I don't post to O.T. threads (Ok maybe one or twice.)

OK I really do have to go to Church now. :)

rsdoran said:
YOU do realize what you did was ATTACK another persons moral values?

YOU need to realize that when someone posts their thoughts or opinions, dissenting thoughts or opinions from others are not attacks, nor are they automatically someone arguing with them. It's just the back-and-forth of conversation in a tread that you yourself realize is off topic. You need to realize this, and then get over your obsession of thinking everyone is arguing with you and quit whining that people are attacking someone when someone is merely voicing an opposing viewpoint or injecting humor that you can't recognize without a sense of humor.

Or would you have felt better had I used a j/k, a smiley or some other silly Internet means of communicating joking?

geniusintraining said:
You agree with what?...what point do you stand fast with?...that your mother did what?... Read Terry's post again...there was no point, it was just a opinioun. nothing more.

GIT, I think it was you who said that if you read past the crudeness is terry’s posts, he always has a point???

Where exactly do you think you came from? Do you think that your mom and dad sat around talking about having a kid, and BOOM there you were????

Having high morals and religious conviction is fine, but you should keep it based in reality. Just because the thought of your parents having kinky *** offends you, doesn’t mean it did not happen…. That is my take on Terry’s post. If that was what he meant, well you will have to ask him, but that is what I took from it, and agreed with.

Terry, many of us have free use of the internet at lunch. We still have to follow company policies. It is also true that nobody here (at my company) would be offended by those words.

That being said, it is really about showing respect for others. Is it really that hard to do? Or is it just a matter of "You can't tell ME what to do?"

I have read this thread with many a laugh....

But what i don;t understand is how you can say boobs and **** ? Yet still can;t say c r a p....

Terry, u are still are $hit stirrer he he he