HMI Allen Bradley

adrirock1141

Hello!!! Somebody could help me with a question that i have, somebody know if there is another HMI that is not Rockwell or Allen Bradley that can work with Allen Bradley programming with Factory Talk View , thanks for your time!!

FactoryTalk View Studio ME can only program PanelView Plus terminals. It cannot program any other manufacturers terminals.

FactoryTalk View Studio SE might work around not using a panelview, just run it on an industrial computer.

Don't recall if the license is that much more (I want to say $1000 but I haven't purchased anything in awhile).

AdnvanceHMI is a free VisualStudio program to use your computer as a simple HMI for free for private use. It works with most Allen Bradley PLCs. Check it out

There are tons and tons of HMI/SCADA systems out there compatible with rockwell processors.

AdvancedHMI is free and can be run on anything that can run windows almost. The other route is to something like a C-More from AutomationDirect.com.

However neither of these will be programmed with factorytalk and have their own programming suites.

I can't tell if you are asking for a different SCADA system as people above mentioned or if you are looking for the hardware to run the SCADA on. If you are looking for hardware and want to not use a panelview I would recommend making a factorytalk SE application and running it on an Arista Industrial Panel PC which are designed to be installed on a control panel and are touch screen.

If you are looking for a different software I know a lot of people use InTouch, formerly wonderware, but I have never used it and heard it is a pain (but then again all of them are).

You can also purchase and install a FTV ME runtime on a touchscreen PC and run a FTV ME application (.mer file). This is usually less expensive than an SE license and, if the application already exists as an ME application, there are no tweeks to be made when going to SE.

Keith