HMI Tag Alarm Log Viewer

djpalaz

I'm trying to obtain the alarm log of a server on a client. I get the following error message:

RSVALARmLog

Cannot read log files on computer ......

Deos anybody know how to resolve this issue.

djpalaz said:
I'm trying to obtain the alarm log of a server on a client. I get the following error message:

RSVALARmLog

Cannot read log files on computer ......

Deos anybody know how to resolve this issue.

Here are some stabs in the dark.

File may be corrupt.
File may have security added at server.

In RSView most logs files are of the .dbf format
Can this alarm log be read at the server. ??
Can this alarm log be read in EXCEL at the server. ??
At the Client try opening EXCEL first, then navigate to the server alarm file.

Are you trying to open them from a remote computer or on the local computer? It may be that you have to shut down RSView first before opening the alarm files. File locking and such. You also may be able to copy the file first and then open the new file.

If this is RSView32...

and if changes have been made, or program has been renamed, or moved to a different directory,

then check the path for the Alarm Setup, using RSview32 Works in Edit mode.

RSView_Alarm_Setup.jpg

I am able to view the alarm log on other client computers and on the server. The clients are remote computers. we are using Factory Talk and to view the allam logs we are opening the HMI Tag Alarm Log Viewer application. The format of the file is *.dat

Some more Stabs in the dark.
In Internet explorer, tools, internet option, see what the differences are between one that works, and this one that doesn't.
Is IIS ( Internet Information Services ) activated and running on this computer.