HMIs outdoors (again)

The OEM that installed some of our work did this for the outside hmi terminals.
they used a standard hmi and placed a NEMA 4/4X rated flip door top over the units with a hinge to hold the lid up when required.
We get rain, ice, hail, snow and there are no issues. i'm sorry, i don't know the brand of the lid. you might try hoffman, rittal, maybe some other brand.
james

Ain't nobody wanna stand outside in a snowstorm in Alaska and take their gloves off to operate your beautiful machine. Either build a shelter into your machine (like a London telephone box) to mount the HMI, or run a Cat5 cable or WiFi to the customer's control room.

Otherwise give me buttons and lamps!

Ain't nobody wanna stand outside in a snowstorm in Alaska and take their gloves off to operate your beautiful machine. Either build a shelter into your machine (like a London telephone box) to mount the HMI, or run a Cat5 cable or WiFi to the customer's control room.

Otherwise give me buttons and lamps!

Many HMI are restricted to 0 C, so the problem is not only in extreme conditions

Thanks for all the comments. I'm going to run with the HMI cover & prop stick that looks like it will do better than the sun shade.