Homebrew application: Recommend LP gas valve / igniter?

Brandon_K

Hey guys.

My step Dad has asked me to look in to building a control package for his mini-brewery. He's not quite full micro-brew scale yet, but this is the next stop to that point for him. He chose to go with LP for the heating of the Hot Liquor Tank and the Boil Kettle, primarily because LP is easy and plentiful. As he's pretty large scale for a home brew operation, he simply didn't have the power at my parents house to do electric that a lot of home brewers are doing, his smallest tank is 55 gallon.

His system works now, but he wants automation, which is where I come in to play. I can handle the HMI (C-More Touch), building the cabinet, the PLC (Productivity 2000) and everything else, but I'm finding I'm stuck on the valves and ignition.

He's using banjo and jet type burners (jet on the HLT, banjo on the BK). I need a way to automate the ignition of these burners, as well as provide appropriate safety procedures.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Going to have more into valves and ignition than the burners cost, ha.

Samples should be good. Pretty much any brew competition he enters in any style that he brews (primarily IPA, mead and ales) he comes out as a medalist every time. I can't stand IPA's, so I can't comment on them.

Thanks for the links and info, this should be a great starting point.