Hot Contactors, Batman!

Do you drive your DC coil via a resistor and normally closed late break auxiliary contact according to ABB "... DC and AC operated contactors have the same magnet structure except the DC coil includes a resistor and a normally closed late break
auxiliary interlock. To order, substitute the code from the coil voltage selection chart and refer to the DC magnet coils chart for the price ... "?
The text is from document:
http://www.galco.com/techdoc/abbg/ehdb220c2p-1l_dat.pdf

DC and AC operated contactors have the same magnet structure except the DC coil includes a resistor and a normally closed late break
auxiliary interlock.

Previously I had seen this feature on size 6 and larger contactors. But I see from your PDF that ABB now offers this in sizes down to 75 amps.

Similar Topics

Hello all. This is a very lonnnnnnng shot but worth a try. I have an OMS Group Impact100 metering machine. At this customer it blows foam into 3d...
Replies
Views
Howdy Everyone, So I have been retrofitting a cell to run different fixtures and updating it with new drives and a few other things. It runs...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am working on a ladder program in AS and I was to trigger a reading on my IO link sensor every .5 s, and use that value to run a...
Replies
Views
Hi, have an issue with a Powerflex 70 that has been installed with braking resistors. The resistors are sitting at 200 degrees Celsius. The...
Replies
Views
So I have an application controlling the temperature by means of a hot water coil. The coil holds lots of energy even after the flow stops...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom